May 14, 2005

Henny Penny must have scrapped...

Remember the story about Henny Penny? She was the chicken who lived in a house of lazy animals. Nobody wanted to help her do any work. But, when she made a yummy loaf of bread, they ALL wanted to help her eat it. She must have been a scrapbooker...

I keep telling my friends that we need to have a scrap night. Everyone says (with an unethusiastic voice a la Eeyore), "yes, we do". So, 2 weeks ago I said, "I am going to have scrap night at my house on the 13th." They all said (again, think Eeyore), "alright". Well, then I decided not to go ahead and plan it because of the lack of apparent enthusiasm AND the fact that my dh was possibly going to a funeral in another state. I didn't tell anyone that I changed my mind because, in my mind, nobody was really interested in coming. Well, Thursday, half a dozen people called me and enthusiastically said, "Are we scrapping tomorrow night???!!!!! And here we have a fine example of "The Henny Penny Principle". Nobody really acted interested until it didn't happen, and then they were upset.


No comments: