Aug 27, 2005

(NSBR) Earplugs...

We went to the Monster Truck show at our county fair last night. I picked up some foam earplugs yesterday afternoon - assuming it would be loud. All four of us stuck them in our ears at the show and the silence was GOLDEN! The earplugs caused my kids' voices to sound like a sonic boom in their own heads so suddenly, they were WHISPERING (thinking they were talking in a normal tone of voice). I had my own earplugs in so I could BARELY hear them. And, of course, the loud music and the roar of the trucks was taken down 30 decibels. We sat there for two hours in near silence. There was no fighting, there was no, "HEY! KNOCK IT OFF! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!!!!!" There was only pointing, smiling, clapping (which we could barely hear) and whispering.

I am thinking about using these at home...

No comments: