Sep 6, 2006

Tool Retro


I had the assignment to cut out nearly 200 circles this past week. I am making table cards for a large dinner my church is putting on for the women's group this month. There is NO WAY I could cut nearly 200 free-hand circles (or even ONE that didn't look like a 3-year old cut it with Blues Clues scissors) and since I don't (yet) own one of those fancy cutters, I had to figure out to do it.

So, I dug around in my tool box and pulled out my
EK Success Circle Scissor! I had to actually blow dust off the thing. I've had it for about 5 years and haven't used it in probably 4 years. I'll admit, I never really fell in love with it.

BUT, after whipping out nearly 200 large cardstock circles, I think I'm in love! It just takes practice - after about the 10th circle, I had it down and was whipping those things out left and right. Mind you, I'm NOT using Bazzill cardstock, but just smooth cardstock and plain copy paper. At a certain point, I realized that I didn't even have to hold it, I just popped the blade in and started rotating it.

The SECRET to success is to change the blade often AND USE A GLASS MAT!!!!

Circles are HOT right now - if you haven't pulled out your Circle Scissor in a while, dig it out and try it (it's probably in the same box as your Blade Runner - while you're in there, pull that out and toss it - that tool should be BANNED - LOL!). With what other tool can you easily cut 150 different sizes of circles without a computer!!!


No comments: