May 31, 2007

It's a Daiso Day!


A couple of years ago, the first Daiso in the US opened in a local mall here. I immediately fell in love with the store! Daiso is a popular "dollar store" chain from Japan. Its prices range from $1.50 to about $3 for everything in the whole store. The store is CRAMMED full (and I mean CRAMMED - you can hardly move) of the most fascinating stuff from false fingernails to kitchen stuff to wrapping paper to slippers to tools to storage and craft stuff. I could spend hours in the store just looking.


Now more Daiso stores are opening across the US so I'll share how awesome this store is! If you have one near you - get in the car immediately after reading this and head over there!!!! Things I have found there that I love are:
  • Document boxes - the flat kind with the lid! They are AWESOME for storing your stickers and other embellishments. I have a huge stack of them on shelves over my scrapping desk. Each one is categorized and labeled. I buy the store out every time I am over there. They are like $2 each.
  • Screw Drill - perfect for drilling holes in chipboard. It's a tiny drill bit with a screwdriver top - just twist and drill!
  • Clips and Clip tool - you know, the flat little plastic colored clips that were so popular a year or so ago - the tools and clips are like $1.50 each.
  • Organizers - they are all over the store! Because Japanese people live in small spaces, they have become MASTERS at various sizes of plastic organizers and storage boxes.
  • Stuff to alter - little note books, boxes, folders and, my FAVORITE (although my store is out right now - WAAAAHHHH) are the little clear plastic clipboards. They are THE BEST for altering because you can use Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the BACK of the clipboard and not have to worry about getting around the clip. You can make calendars for the fridge and add magnets, or you can make a phone book to keep by the phone of all your important numbers
  • Beautiful papers - they have tons of origami and wrapping papers
  • And, these little eyebrow grooming things - they groom your eyebrows as you comb through them. Then you can take the comb part off and use the blade to shape - no more plucking for me!

Just looking around the store and thinking about the possibilities gives me the vapors! Every time I go, I find something new and exciting! So, get in your car and drive to Daiso if you're lucky enough to have one near you!


BTW - if you're in the Alderwood Mall area of Lynnwood, WA. The clipboard idea came courtesy of the LSS across the street from the Mall called Lasting Memories. It's a great store - stop in sometime!

1 comment:

susan said...

Sounds like a great store! But I live out in the boonies so I doubt they'll ever have one here -rats!