May 14, 2007

Little Picassos


It's getting towards the end of the school year, and although my boys are growing up, I still have a pile of stuff they have brought home through the year. It's with the pile of stuff from previous years. Not everything that comes home is precious. But, some of it is. Their personalities shine through in the pictures they draw and the stories they write.


So, what to do with it all? I have decided that if it's not something that they will want to physically touch when they're 30, then I am scanning it. Scanning it has a couple of benefits. First, you don't have to save the artwork. Second, it won't sit around turning yellow and attracting bugs and third, you can then use it to embellish scrapbook pages (here's a LINK to an example of that).

I scan stories, artwork and notes from the teacher. Then I can resize them to fit my pages and print them out. It makes things very tidy!

My mom gave me an oversized box of my own artwork several years ago and I was really at a loss as to what to do with it. I finally taped it to the wall and took photos of it - another option. I have even heard of people who have their child hold the artwork and take photos of it. All are good options for perserving their school year.

But, for now, I've got to start working through the pile again. It's starting to grow too big.

No comments: