Apr 21, 2008

It's nice to be important...

but more important to be nice...

I tried to find who said that but couldn't nail down the source. I was thinking this weekend about all the people I have met in the scrapbook industry in the 6 years I've been in it. I will say that I've met some of the NICEST people in the world! Customer service reps, average scrappers, business leaders, business owners, people who work for associations, celebrities and most especially, SCRAPBIZ MEMBERS have all been a delight to meet and work with!

Of course there is nastiness in the industry and I'm sure there are even people that would rub me the wrong way (okay, I've met a few of those). But the overwhelming majority of this wonderful industry is just plain nice folk! I think that is one of the benefits of working in an industry that is a "happy hobby" for most. People are delighted by new products and new friends. I've never been anywhere -trade shows, crops, meetings, etc. where you didn't form an instant bond with someone because of your mutual love of preserving memories.

Who are some of the nice people YOU'VE met in the industry? Think about it and leave a comment here and tell me about them!

No comments: