Apr 18, 2008

This ceased to be funny 3 weeks ago...





Seriously, winter is OVER in Seattle by about March 1. It's not traditionally WARM by any means, but it moves into a pattern of upper 40's or lower 50's and rain with the odd sun break. The trees start busting out in blooms and the Tulip Festival gets underway in Skagit County up the road a bit.

But, it's APRIL 18, for Pete's sake, and this is what's happening RIGHT NOW outside my house. My Master Gardener training told me that you can plant on Tax Day here and not have it freeze. But not this year. I will be enjoying my berries and vegetables in November if this keeps up.

We had snow at the end of March that hung around through the first part of Spring Break. It was mildly amusing then. But, this is enough to make me want to stick a fork in my eye. There's a reason I don't live in Minnesota and this is it! It didn't help that my mom just called me from Eastern Washington and told me that just 4 hours over the Cascade Mountains, they have a nice dry day with glorious sun! Thanks, Mom, you always were a giver...

And, in the 5 minute since I took these photos, it's really piling up. ENOUGH!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Gore must pay....

No comments: