I always say that the reason men will use the BBQ as opposed to the stove is that they will only cook when there is DANGER (fire) involved! I got this from a friend and thought it was funny since my dad is often found cooking the turkey in the BBQ at Thanksgiving. It's true - the man gets all the credit...
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
- The woman buys the food.
- The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
- The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
- The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
MANPLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
- The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
- The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat .
MANTAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL ANDHANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
- The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
- After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
- Everyone PRAISES the
MANand THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
- The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there' s just no pleasing some women.