Aug 4, 2005

The Birth of a Scrapper...

I went scrapping at a friend's house a couple of weekends ago. Across the table from me was a women armed with Miss Elizabeth's stuff from Dollar Tree, an album, a Tombow and a DCWV Stack. She had a bunch of baby photos of herself and was going to start documenting her life. Oh, and for some odd reason, she had a heat gun - no idea what to do with it, but she had it and was determined to use it that night!

It was SO FUN to watch her scrap her VERY FIRST PAGE! It was the title page of her album. She put a photo of her at the hospital being held by a nurse on the page first and then she used an EK Success embossing ink pen and heat-embossed her name and birth date (she knew she was going to use that heat gun!) on the page. It was simple and sweet. I showed her how to mat her photos so they would pop off the page and not compete with the PP. When she finished it, you would have thought she had won a Nobel Prize! She proudly held it up for all to see. It was so sweet! In her eyes, I could see the addiction - LOL! She was hooked by the time she finished page one!

Sometimes I get so jaded by scrapbooking. I am immersed in it on a daily basis and spend so much time looking at the business side of it. I forget the simple joys of the craft. It was a very pleasant experience to witness the birth of a scrapper...

~Kim

No comments: