Sep 28, 2006

Getting ready for Memory Trends and 3 year old cheese!

WOW! It's not too far away! It kind of snuck up on me this year. This is really the first year I haven't been busy getting ready. I love this trade show! It's much more relaxed than CHA because it's more intimate - just the scrapping and stamping industry! I don't have to wade through yarn and silk flowers to find the stuff I really want to see!

I am really excited because over 20 ScrapBizzers will be joining me this year! It's SO MANY that we are going to eat together at a restaurant instead of in my room as we have in the past. Of course, if the same thing happens this year that happened a couple of years ago - there will be plenty of room to party! When I got to the Venetian in 2004 for Memory Trends, they gave me a complimentary upgrade to a 1500 square foot suite. It was bigger than our first house! I think my roomy, Alicia Bull from Picaboo, and I need to practice our "we deserve an upgrade" look when we check in. The regular rooms at the Venetian are nice, but the 1500 square foot suite was, well, SWEET! We can call it "The Suite Life of Kim and Alicia" (can you tell what's on at my house a lot?).

Anyway, so I am breakfasting with Bizzers on Tuesday morning! I can't WAIT!!! This is also the first Memory Trends that I haven't rushed through. Instead of my usual 2-night stay, I am going to be there for three nights! Maybe Alicia and I will get to hit the spa one night!

Oh, I guess you're wondering about the 3-year old cheese part... Well, I was in the local "gourmet grocery" yesterday and noticed a sign that said, "Three-Year Old Cheddar - $9.99 a pound". I about laughed out loud when I saw that. You see, as a busy Mompreneur, I HAVE 3-year old cheddar in my fridge. I just didn't know anyone would pay me for it...

No comments: