Jul 29, 2008

Fire in the Sky!

My youngest son yelled, "HEY! LOOK AT THE SUNSET" and we all ran to the back door. The sky literally looked like it was on fire on Sunday night. It was so beautiful! It had been a nasty, grey day that had everyone grumping.

When I was little, my mom taught me the diddy, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailor's take warning." Oddly, it's usually correct! It was a gorgeous summer day the next day.

On a slightly related note... I am working on a photo book for 2005. Those photos pre-date my lovely Sony Alpha 100 DSLR. They were all taken with my digital point and shoot. I am struggling to find photos that I don't hate. They are such poor shots compared to my DSLR. My biggest complaint was shutter time. I have the back half of my kids as they run out of the frame before the camera decided to actually take a photo.

I just took a TON of photos at our family reunion last week and everyone was dying to have them. You'd have thought I was a professional in their minds. But, I tell people that it's the camera, not me. I hate it when I can't take my DSLR with me!

A good camera makes all the difference...

1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

I just complained to Rob about the delayed shutter speed on my camera this weekend too! By the time my camera decided to click, Lizzie was done doing her cuteness. Hmmmm, nice to know it's just me.

Great shot of the sky. Too bad we missed it. On an airplane somewhere above the clouds :D