Aug 22, 2008

Help a Photographer


As summer comes to a close and everyone is taking their last vacation, I see lots of photos being taken! Hopefully those photos will end up in a scrapbook somewhere for the family to enjoy!

A few weeks ago, I was in a tourist area and a group of motorcyclists were snapping photos. There were 2 couples together and three were posing while one of the women took a picture. So, I stopped and asked if I could take a photo of all of them together. They were thrilled!

But, that doesn't always work. I did that another time when I saw a family posing together and a mom taking a picture (the normal state of the universe at our house) and the mom said, "No way! I don't like my picture taken!" I had to laugh because that would have been my response!

If you're a scrapbooker, you understand how important it is to actually BE IN the photos at least once in a while. You don't want to be the "mystery woman" to future generations. So, help other other photographin' moms by taking a few seconds to stop and offer to take a photo for someone next time you're in a trip or in an area with a lot of tourists. It'll make YOU feel good for doing something nice and it will make THEM feel good that someone took the time to do that.

No comments: