Nov 13, 2008

Custom Scrapbook Paper


This is one of the coolest things ever! As you know, I'm a HUGE fan of updating the traditional scrapbook store using technology and cool finds from the imaging industry. Our customers are more tech savvy than they were 5 years ago and retailers should be too!

Craft Sassy has introduced what would have been impossible just a few years ago - CUSTOM SCRAPBOOK PAPER! Using the similar concept of printing a single photo book on a digital press, they are able to print a SINGLE SHEET of custom scrapbook paper!!!

This is SO COOL! I have received samples of their paper and the quality is breathtaking. Maura offered to print an image for me so, liking to challenge new things, I found a pretty detailed image to her print. I knew it was good before I even received it when her husband, the printer, was impressed by how it turned out. The vellum was unbelievably beautiful. Every detail was clear and crisp. Even though the paper stock is smooth, I ran my fingers over it because it looked textured as the image gives the impression of texture on it.

The only way you could tell it was printed on a different press was the slight waxy feel to it. I would recommend a good permanent adhesive due to the different surface texture. But the paper is acid-free so you don't have to worry about it harming your photos.

You could have paper made from your children's artwork or from a beautiful piece of cloth or whatever your imagination can come up with.

If you're a retailer or kit-maker, you can have your OWN CUSTOM PAPER made that no other kit club or store has! We are all looking for ways to set our businesses apart from others doing the same thing - having your own line of custom papers is an easy way to do that!

Contact Maura at Craftsassy if you want more information! She'll be one of the featured suppliers at my class at PSRO 2009! We'll have SAMPLES!!!!! But don't wait until then!

No comments: