Oct 4, 2005

Ummmm, I thought we already owned Scrapbook Businesses...



I got an email from a former ScrapBiz member the other day. She joined about 18 months ago and then immediately opened a store in an area already saturated with stores. She left ScrapBiz just a couple of months later. At the time, I sort of mentally questioned the wisdom in that - but my job is to give people tools and help them "read" and navigate the industry, not neccessarily to give unsolicited advice about their business choices.

Anyway, she emailed me last week telling me that she's closing her store now (about a year after opening). She's giving it away through a contest and wondered if any ScrapBiz members would be interested in particpating in the contest. Her email perplexed me and made many of our hard-working ScrapBiz members laugh. She started out her email by saying, "I know your site has ladies who want to be in the scrapbook business..." As Wendy, owner of Lickity Split Scrapbooks (currently in Florida exhibiting at probably her 8th or 9th show this year) and Melissa - another show fixture - of Legacy Paper Arts both said, "I thought I WAS in the scrapbook business."

I don't say this to make fun of this former Bizzer, I say this because she sort of missed the point of ScrapBiz - we aren't just a group of people WISHING and DREAMING about our own business - ScrapBiz members are BUILDING their own business. We have members doing all sorts of things in the scrapbook industry. We aren't just "fiddling around", we are building our businesses and very serious about what we do!

And, along the way, we are having a whole lotta fun, too!

CLICK THE LOGO ABOVE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCRAPBIZ!

No comments: